Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Statistics

I haven't done the chicken/oxtail bone count for a while. That's mostly because there are too many, and it's too sad to keep counting them. Also, Lou has learned not to eat them. I carry a pocketful of bacon (Well, Beggin' Strips, but as the commercial says, dogs don't know it's not bacon) in my pocket which is a deterrent/reward that seems to work. I do have to point out, however, that Lou just got a haircut -- a SEVERE haircut, actually -- that has made more counting appropriate:

4 Number of children who asked me if Lou was a fox
4 Number of times I responded "Yes" to the above question
2 Number of times people in the neighborhood asked me if Lou had been sick/in the hospital/had cancer
2 Number of times I responded "No, crazy. It's just a haircut"
1 Number of times the good folks at Harlem Vintage laughed at my dog's haircut
0 Degree of animosity I have for the laughing. He does look weird, and his head is now disproportionately large. Plus, it's the best wine shop in the city, so they can laugh at me all they want, as long as they keep the Raventos cold, they can throw rocks at me, kick me in the head, or pinch me real hard. I'll still love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home