Monday, March 19, 2007

What Not To Wear

Apparently, what I've been wearing. So, on Tuesday last week, I thought I was going to be interviewed by the BBC for a special on Harlem entrepreneurs. What really happened was this:

Interviewer: So, tell me what Uptown Hound is all about and how you're dealing with the gentrification in the neighborhood?

Me: Well, a lot of people are worried about being pushed out. For me, this is the best thing that could happen for Uptown Hound because--

Stacy London & Clinton Kelly: (rushing in to the store) Stop it, right now. Stop talking. Did you really think you were being interviewed by the BBC? In that outfit? No, this is an intervention. Starting right now, you're going to go from hot mess to just hot, and we're going to help you.

Me: Wha? Huh?

And, it contined from there. Tomorrow night, I'll post the hour-by-hour diary of my spectacular experience on WNTW. Clinton and Stacy are, just as on TV, the NICEST people in the world, and they're so pretty ... well, if I'd had a spoon, I would have eaten both of them right up. Delightful. The best thing that's happened to me since being born, and I'm not kidding.

Flickr is acting wonky, but I'm trying to upload photos now, and I'll post them and the diary tomorrow night. Yours, newly fabulous -- J

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

No! Shut up! You are living my dream. Living my dream! So. Jealous.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbeleivable! You've got to post when it will air. Can't wait to see the photos.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how amazing!!! I'm so excited for you! You'll have to let us know how everything went, good luck!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! That is fantastic. And all the shopping you get to do! CANNOT WAIT to see this on TV! Please let us know when it will air!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home