Saturday, March 19, 2005

Get It

So, I am not one of those people ... what are they called? Cinephiles? Cinematics? Whatever. Movies are okay, but I don't go to special venues to see them, or follow the work of specific directors/actors, etc. That said ... Have you seen In America? All the hopes I nurture for myself were voiced there -- that love is the same no matter your country of origin, your race or creed; that people can be good to each other without meaning to; that it's all going to be okay.

Is it contrived that the young heroine of the movie is as precocious as she is? You bet. Does the black man, who is also a sage of some sort, have to die to make the point about love? Okay, that's cliche. These are things that would otherwise make me crazed, but here, they work. Go see it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home