Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy Bee, That's Me

So, okay, I was in a pretty bad way yesterday about work and career path (or, frankly, lack thereof), but this morning, when I was at "the factory", waiting to catch the elevator down to meet the delivery man for my $7 bagel, it occured to me that I was right. I can just stop it. And, it's amazing what happens when clarity comes. I just felt better (maybe because I didn't care anymore). It is not my responsibility, nor do I care to change the way opportunities are apportioned out at my job. I just work there... for now. I am more convinced than ever that I can take charge of the parts of the situation over which I have control -- namely whether I continue to show up to be discounted. Whew, I say. I'm not even angry anymore. I'm just moving on. Yeah, me.

If you check out the harlem knits site (too lazy to paste the link, but it's harlemknits.blogspot.com) you can see what I'm working on now, and maybe be as excited as I am about what's to come next. Yay, empowerment!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home