Saturday, March 26, 2005

Saturday!

So bad! I had all these plans for how I could fix my life in 24 hours, but I was a lazy slob today. Lou and I went to the park, then I got a coffee, came home and did the Rodney Yee (easier than Hemalaya Behl) yoga tape for 30 minutes. How can I be sweating like a pig when all I'm doing is breathing and stretching? Pitiful. And, speaking of pitiful, I got the weirdest direct mail piece today. It was addressed to The Family at my address. It was a brochure for an outfit that sells "skirmish weekends" to families, where you go out in the woods and shoot each other with paintballs, in camoflauge, on courses with names like "The Hood"! I'm NOT KIDDING. You can also have a BBQ or kid's birthday party at their facility. This does not seem very family to me, and I spent the last 4 years in ham-loving, deer-hunting, peanut-eating Virginia. I'm country, y'all. But this? Kind of weird.

In Lou news, only one person asked me if he was a wolf today. He was an old man, dressed to the nines, with a snappy cane and he said, "Hey, girl, is that a wolf?" I said, "Why would I have a wolf as a pet?" He said, "You know how black folks are." He made my day! We both broke up laughing. I told him Lou was a coyote, rottweiler, pit-bull mix. So funny.

I'm also still working on the linear regression model for the bones -- it's hard because we don't take the same route all the time, so going back through the data to figure out where the propensity for bone sighting-eating is is a challenge. Can you say procrastination? I surely don't feel like putting together two slide decks for what turns out to be some anciillary off-site presentation at the WOMMA conference. At least I'll get to see my old alma mater. Go Maroons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home