Monday, November 07, 2005

Rhymes with Sit

So, no poetry today for Poetry Monday. I couldn't find anything really appropriate. I know. How about a limerick or two? And, maybe a haiku. Let's see. Here goes:

I call this one:
ODE TO CLEAN PUPS
There once was a doggie named Lou
Whose owner smelled him and said, "P.U."
He went to the dog spa
And then home to his ma
And promptly stepped in some other dog's poo
(That really happened)

Next is a two-part limerick called:
AMBITION 1
There's a holiday in December, you know
Which makes all our anxiety grow
Worse for me
Because you see
I need to make it just so

AMBITION 2
For some there are presents to buy
For me, there is only the eye
Of the needle, that is
Since I sews and I knits
If I don't finish my projects, I'll cry


Okay, I don't feel like making up a haiku ... oh, wait, maybe I do. (Quit it with the rhyming, right? I know ... it's my plight)

NO HAIKU FOR YOU
A haiku I'd write
Only I can't clear my head
Maybe tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home